Do you have difficulty concentrating, a lack of focus, or just general forgetfulness? If so, you may be a victim of brain fog. Brain fog is characterized by a reduced ability to perceive, understand, and think clearly. I know from first hand experience it can be extremely frustrating. Forgetting simple stuff like taking out the trash, not being able to focus on a task, and mental fatigue can really take a toll on the quality of day to day life.
Have no fear though, because I come bearing good news: You don’t have to suffer forever. There are preventative measures you can take to safeguard your mental aptitude, and return it to its former glory. In the following paragraphs, we will be going over: What Brain Fog Is, The Best Supplements for Brain Fog, How Supplements Help Reduce Brain Fog, How to Prevent Brain Fog, COVID-19 and Brain Fog, and my recommended course of action. I’m certain that with the knowledge bestowed upon you throughout this article, you’ll be able to combat brain fog and even improve your mental capacity.
What causes Brain Fog?
As previously mentioned, brain fog reduces your ability to perceive, understand, and think clearly. But what causes it? One such cause is lack of sleep. When we don’t get enough rest, our brains aren’t afforded the time needed to recharge. Poor diet can also have a huge impact on brain function, with diets high in processed foods and sugar causing inflammation and oxidative stress, both of which can negatively impact brain health. Chronic stress can affect the brain via stress hormones like cortisol, having a negative effect on our cognitive abilities.
To continue on, not getting enough exercise and living a sedentary lifestyle have also been shown to hinder our brain’s ability to think clearly. Proper exercise promotes healthy blood flow and oxygen delivery to the brain. Finally, chronic illnesses like depression, anxiety, and autoimmune disorders can all impact brain function, as can certain medications. As you can see, there are plenty of risk factors for developing brain fog, and in the following section I will be going over supplements to treat brain fog.
Best Supplements for Brain Fog
Now that we’ve explored some of the most common causes, let’s dive into what the best supplements for brain fog are, and how they should be incorporated into your diet to maintain a healthy brain.
- Vitamin B12: Known to have fundamental roles in brain function at all ages, B12 is crucial to the upkeep of a healthy brain. Also helps in the prevention of mood disorders and dementia. A lack of B12 can cause neurological problems, and affect vision and memory.
- Vitamin B6: Aids normal brain development, and keeps the nervous system and immune system healthy.
- Vitamin B5: Also called pantothenic acid, this essential nutrient plays a role in energy generation within your cells, and helps other B-vitamins for healthy brain function
- Folate: Also known as Vitamin B9, this supplement is vital for red blood cell production. Studies are also showing that folic acid helps the brain age healthier and with less risk of memory problems
- L Theanine: An amino acid commonly found in teas, aids the brain in transmitting nerve impulses.
- Bacopa Monnieri: This plant has been used for centuries to improve intelligence and memory.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Used in various aspects around the world, ginkgo biloba promotes increased blood flow, reportedly aiding the brain.
- DHA Complex: An omega-3 fatty acid that supports brain and neurological functions. DHA is critical for a healthy and sharp brain.
How Supplements Help Reduce Brain Fog
Supplements can help reduce brain fog by providing the body with essential nutrients that promote cognitive function. B Vitamins, as previously stated, are crucial for energy production and the production of neurotransmitters. Sources of B vitamins include but are not limited to: liver, broccoli, brussels sprouts, leafy greens such as cabbage and kale, chickpeas and kidney beans, and also fortified breakfast cereals.
Herbal supplements work in a different, but equally beneficial way. Like in the case of ginkgo biloba, which has been shown to improve blood flow to the brain, increasing cognitive function. This is crucial, because the more blood flow that goes to your brain, the better it is able to function. Fun fact: Even though the brain only weighs about 2% of the total body weight, it receives up to 20% of the body's blood supply. With insufficient blood flow, brain cells begin to die, and no one wants that. It’s also worth noting Bacopa Monnieri, which is still used in Ayurvedic traditional medicine, reportedly improves intelligence and memory. Herbal supplements are traditionally brewed and drunk as tea, but can be taken in capsule form as well.
When it comes to Omega-3 fatty acids, you may be under the assumption that all fats are bad for you, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Essential fatty acids are just that: essential. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has stated that omega-3 fatty acid supports the normal physical development of the brain, eyes, and nerves of children two years of age and younger. Thankfully, these fatty acids are present in a lot of common and tasty foods. The most widely available source of these fatty acids is from fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, anchovies, and sardines. For all the vegetarians, fatty acids are also very prevalent in plant seeds like chia and flax. For those of us with a sweet tooth, you’ll be pleased to find that lingonberries, figs, and black raspberries are great additions to your diet for some added fatty acids.
Brain Pill: Your Ticket to Beating Brain Fog
Now that we’ve gone over what brain fog is, and the best supplements and vitamins to treat it, I’d like to discuss the easiest way to beat brain fog: Brain Pill. Brain Pill contains all of the previously mentioned beneficial supplements, plus other powerful nootropics to boost focus and increase concentration.
Before continuing, it would be beneficial to explain what a nootropic is. By definition, a nootropic is something “used to enhance memory or other cognitive functions”. They are found in a variety of different sources, and can be either natural, semi-synthetic, or fully synthetic. Common foods that have nootropic properties are dark chocolate, red wine, and turmeric, though many other foods fall under the nootropic umbrella. To put it plainly: Nootropics are good for the brain. That’s why Brain Pill is carefully crafted using only the most beneficial nootropics.
In addition to the nootropics previously listed, Brain Pill also contains:
- Citicoline-Cognizin: Originally a prescription drug in Japan, it has since become available without a prescription and has been used to treat a decline in memory and thinking skills.
- Tyrosine: This nonessential amino acid is used by the body to produce neurotransmitters for epinephrine, dopamine, and norepinephrine.
- Phospha-tidylserine: An amino acid derivative compound, contributes to cognitive functioning and is taken to prevent memory loss and mental decline that comes with age. This compound is proven to improve attention, language skills, and memory.
- Huperzine A: Commonly extracted from the chinese herb, Huperzia Serrata, this compound prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine, which is a chemical essential to learning and memory. It is very often used to protect against age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimers, but also used to boost energy and alertness and fight depression.
- Vinpocetine: With a clinical history of more than 30 years, vinpocetine works with your body to increase blood flow to the brain, increasing memory and thinking skills. It is important to note that vinpocetine should not be taken if you are pregnant, as it may harm the baby or even result in a miscarriage.
As you can see, Brain Pill is absolutely filled to the brim with the best supplements and nootropics that aid your cognitive function. That’s not all though, contrary to most other nootropic supplements, Brain Pill has had a clinical study run on its formula. This study was double-blind, and placebo-controlled which included rigorous tests for attention, concentration, and problem solving. More importantly, by the end of the study, results showed that every participant using Brain Pill had a significant increase in cognitive functions. Participants of the study reported improvements in the ability to learn, ability to focus and concentrate, ability to retain information, and a noticeable decrease in forgetfulness.
Brain Pill isn’t only useful for just brain fog though , it’s also great for protecting and bolstering your memory, sustaining cognitive energy, combating mental fatigue, igniting rapid recall, and also improving your learning abilities! Brain Pill works amazing for entrepreneurs looking to level up their game, high-level executives, and anyone looking for a competitive mental edge. If any of the previously mentioned benefits appeal to you, I highly recommend trying Brain Pill.
COVID-19 Brain Fog Treatment
One of the most common, yet unexpected effects of covid is the presence of brain fog for months, and even years after contracting the virus. Covid induced brain fog has the potential to worsen pre-existing neurological conditions, and individuals with these conditions will have a harder time recovering from brain fog as well. It’s important to note that brain fog is not truly a medical term, as it can encompass multiple things. Fortunately, Brain Pills nootropic packed formula contains the best supplements for covid brain fog.
How to Get the Most Out of Brain Pill
Even if you plan to take advantage of the power of Brain Pill, there is still more you can do to help aid the process of repairing brain fog. A few small lifestyle changes could do wonders to help you out of your cognitive slump. I’ll be going over multiple ways to ensure Brain Pill is working at its peak for you.
- Tobacco: Using tobacco accelerates the rate at which your brain ages. I can tell you from experience that quitting tobacco can bring many great improvements to your life, not only allowing your brain to recover, but also improving your lungs and reducing your chance for cardiovascular diseases.
- Marijuana: Daily and long-term use of marijuana can cause you to develop brain fog, though it is usually reversible. If this sounds like it may be the culprit of your brain fog, abstaining for a month should reverse the effects.
- Exercise: Daily exercise, no matter how inconsequential it may seem, will have a positive improvement on your overall health, and promote healthy blood flow to the brain.
- Diet: Improving your diet by getting rid of fast food, processed foods, and foods high in sugar is great for overall health, and incorporating the vitamins your brain craves will aid Brain Pill.
- Memory/mind exercises: Think of your brain as if it were a muscle, to get stronger triceps you would do workouts that target that muscle group. It’s no different with your brain. You can exercise your brain by doing crossword puzzles, or reading books and magazines. Personally, I enjoy solving my rubik's cube whenever I’m feeling a little sluggish in the brain.
- Sleep: Getting sufficient sleep is something that many people neglect. When we sleep, or more importantly when we get good sleep, we allow our brain to essentially wash itself. It’s also important to keep a routine sleep schedule, and ensure your place of slumber is dark enough.
By making these simple lifestyle changes, you can guarantee your brain and body are getting everything they need to lead a happy, healthy life.
Brain fog sucks.....A LOT! Feeling like you don’t have full control over your own body, like you’re a passenger just going through the motions is an awful experience. Cognitive decline is an unfortunate byproduct of the aging process, but it’s paramount to realize you have options to combat it. Brain Pill’s goal is to solve that, and it does so by delivering the best supplements for brain fog, all while having a scientific study to back it up, and tons of testimonials for you to peruse. I recommend Brain Pill to those of us trying to get rid of brain fog, but I’d also recommend Brain Pill to entrepreneurs, students, and frankly anyone that values their mental aptitude.